Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Ah Bong's Italian

Zq and I wanted to try Ah Bong's Italian for quite sometime and we finally managed to eat there. Ah Bong's Italian is not your usual cafe or restaurant. It's located in a coffee shop at 56 Eng Hoon street and is only opened from 10am till 2.30pm.

Mac & Cheese with Truffle oil($5 + additional $1 for Truffle oil)- pasta, bacon, mushroom and cheese sauce with truffle oil. It was not bad. At first I felt that more truffle oil could have been added but after eating a few times, I felt that the truffle oil was enough as it was not overpowering. The pasta was cooked al dente, bacon and mushroom was nice. However, I wished they had more of that yummy sauce for me to eat with my pasta. ZQ ordered some pasta(forgot the name) that had pork in it. It tasted something like chicken pork porridge in pasta form.

Earl Grey Creme Brulee($4). The egg custard texture was weird. A little like scrambled eggs. Other than that it was fine. You could taste some earl grey and the complex caramelized sugar.

While waiting for my food, I ordered Teh Ping(Ice Milk Tea-$1.30). Thinking back about my food experience at Ah Bong's Italian I might be back again but maybe to try the other stalls located there like the assam laksa.

Rate:
Mac & Cheese with Truffle oil: 7/10 ☺
Earl Grey Creme Brulee: 5/10 ☺
Ice Milk Tea: 6/10 ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment